top of page
Time is TBD|
Girls Talk - Ages 9-12 & 13-15 A two hr session - Wait List
An Islamic Perspective on adolescence with Dr. Heba Abolaban
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the Event
𝐎𝐛𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬: Your wonderful daughter will learn about:
- The cycle of human life and our creation (using Ayat from the Quran and Hadith)
- Puberty in Islam and becoming a young Muslim lady.
- Taking care of my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health as a Muslim girl prior to and during my period.
- How to do Ghusl according to the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace and mercy be upon him.
- Explaining the female reproductive system from medical and Islamic point of view.
𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫: Dr. Heba Abolaban is a physician by training who obtained her medical degree from Damascus Medical School, Syria. Then, she obtained her Master of Public Health (MPH) degree from Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She worked for several years at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health as a Women's Health Consultant before moving to California. She has been working as an independent Muslim health consultant and educator for 8 years. Dr. Abolaban is currently working as a part-time academic researcher at the Muslims & Mental Health Lab at Stanford University.
bottom of page